UNITED AGAINST SB4: Rally and March in Downtown Fort Worth
SAVE THE DATE:
August 1, 2017
United Fort Worth will host a Day of Action that brings individuals from across all backgrounds together in support of the communities that will be directly affected by the implementation of Senate Bill 4.
Gather at General Worth Square (900 Main Street, 76102) at 5 p.m. United Fort Worth will march from there to City Hall for a peaceful rally featuring speakers who represent Fort Worth’s diverse community and entertainment that celebrates Latino culture. Then gather at the scheduled City Council meeting for Citizen Presentations calling on Fort Worth to join litigation against SB4.
5 p.m. – Meet at the John F. Kennedy statue in General Worth Square (900 Main Street, 76102)
5:15 p.m. – March to City Hall begins
5:45 p.m. – National anthem and rally with featured speakers at City Hall
6:15 p.m. – Entertainment to celebrate Latino culture
7 p.m. – City Council meeting begins (citizen presentations are the last item on the agenda)
This Day of Action will show our unity in ensuring Fort Worth is a livable city.
For specific details about the event, follow United Fort Worth on Facebook.
TIPS FOR THE DAY OF ACTION
- Arrive early. A large conference is taking place at the Fort Worth Convention Center the same day. Allow plenty of time to find parking.
- Carpool, use mass transit or a transportation service. Due to the conference at the Convention Center, parking will be scarce and rates at nearby surface lots and garages will be increased for 8/1/17.
- From Dallas, use the TRE. Check the schedule for departure times from Union Station. The Intermodal Transportation Center (ITC) in Fort Worth is the closest stop for the start location of the march (the second to last stop). Exit at the ITC and walk a short distance down 9th Street to General Worth Square. The march and City Hall can also be accessed from T&P Station (the last stop on the TRE route).
- Wear red to show unity. Dress in lightweight clothing and comfortable shoes. The march will take place at the peak hour for daytime heat, and the rally location is in direct sun.
- BRING WATER!
- No pets.
- No bullhorns.
- United Fort Worth will provide rally signs. If you bring your own, please do not affix a handle.
- Individuals who want to participate in Citizen Presentations must register in advance. Presentations should be respectful. For information on how to sign-up and tips for a successful Citizen Presentation, please click here.
- United Fort Worth has arranged with the City of Fort Worth to provide a Spanish translator who will assist with Citizen Presentations as-needed.
- The Day of Action is a PEACEFUL event. United Fort Worth does not encourage or endorse civil disobedience that disrupts traffic flow, such as blocking roadways or impeding entry to City Hall. Please help United Fort Worth maintain a constructive environment for this First Amendment activity.
- FWPD Bicycle Patrol will have a presence at the march and rally for the purpose of ensuring a peaceful assembly. Please follow their instructions about roadway closures and comply with all directions they provide on where to march (for example, staying on only one side of the roadway, and not marching on sidewalks).
- A Federal building is located near the march and rally locations. Individuals in Federal uniforms and Federally-marked vehicles may be in the area as part of their normal duties to access and depart the building. Their presence is not a response to the Day of Action event.